This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Sunday, February 9, 2014

I swear it's gone nuclear!

  It's snowing.  I can't tell if it is snowing again or still.  It's probably good, we haven't received our requisite 12 inches for the week.  Life is getting vague and fuzzy looking through the ski goggles.  I could drive the car, but I would loose my self-righteous smugness license, and it would be no fun.  We've reached our seasonal average of 8' and still have 5 weeks of winter ahead.  The snow is great for skiing but it has been too cold to ski safely, the resorts have actually closed the slopes on several days.  Life has become an endless grey and white landscape.

                      I'm dreaming of a Pugsley or a Moonlander.
 I resent myself for being so short sighted the most versatile bike I own takes skinny 2 1/2" knobbies.  I need bigger:  a half track with pedals, like the KTRAK. Crazy things are making sense.

     I was encouraged when I saw this story about Portland.  The bicycling Mecca of North America canceled the "worst day of the year ride."   

Apparantly they got intimidated by a little snow.  I remember thinking I wasn't cool enough to live in Portland; a city of full time misanthropes sniffing bottled unicorn farts purchased from a lesbian cosmetic coop.  This article proves they are obviously not cool enough for the midwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment