This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

It's ok to stand there, just don't talk about the weather

I was getting tired of talking about the weather.  Under the circumstances, that means not talking at all.  I have never seen a winter which has taken over like this .  There is just no living with it and we all want it to end.  I went out to the garage this morning and 
found an 8 inch icicle hanging from the back fender of  Byron. Another first.
It was nice later to see another Rivendell  geared up for the winter.
This Atlantis has been getting some real use.  I don't see why people insist on using a "winter beater" when a good bike will handle things better.  Didn't hang around to meet the owner, but judging by the gear, he rides no matter what.
Then there is this guy.
You might have heard of this politician on Long Island who answered a letter requesting better infrastructure, by saying that nobody should ride a bicycle.  I wonder where this idiot got his statistics.   I don't ever remember hearing anywhere that 90% of cyclists get hit.  Looking around the internet, it seems he has made plenty of bad press for himself.  I wonder if he realizes that Google Maps shows hundreds of miles of bike paths in his back yard?   In which sand pile has he had his head while New York and Boston spent years upgrading infrastructure for cyclists.  Maybe he parties with Rob Ford.  We should all send him a bobble head for his dashboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment