This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

More "picturesque" autumn shots

 What exactly was I talking about yesterday.  Oh yeah, how picturesque the leaves were across the bike trail in the woods.   Get a load of the city:

Good thing they were kind enough to keep the pile low, we wouldn't know it was a bike route we were wading through.
  Oh well, fall cleanup is going on late this year with the warmer weather.  Despite the warm temperatures, Saturday had precious few cyclists out.  I had to ride across town to get a letter directly to the sorting station and decided to take advantage of the weather by going via the mall and downtown, a ride that would give me about 20 miles of fresh air.  Even the trails were fairly empty:
On the ride to downtown I was passed by one spandex hamster, perhaps only the strong go out after November comes around.  I quickly found out where everybody was, I hit a mass of traffic downtown and remembered the Christmas parade had just finished.  I was glad to be on two wheels, everybody on four wheels were sitting like the Dan Ryan expressway on a good day.
  I found my way to the walking mall when this caught my eye:
I mean really!  I know some people give their bikes names, but roles in their foreplay is a bit much...maybe.
Unfortunately I hadn't caught somebody who can't keep their fetish in the closet, it was just a couple of Kalamazoo's finest,
taking a report from a local business owner.  They got a kick from my comment and laughed that they had to work with what they had, budget cuts and all.  I'm sure the handcuffs are better and lighter than the locks I use, hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment