This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Monday, May 2, 2022

Missed photo op

      I missed a photo op the other day.   I approached a 4 way stop, stop. and waited because I saw a car on my right rolling to the stop with the driver engrossed in his phone.  His hands were both on the phone as he approached the intersection.  He rolled into the crosswalk area, then decided to look up and stop.  He probably sensed his Beemer was in danger.  Putting his phone down, he looked both ways, lit a joint and kept driving.  It makes sense to him,  how else could he enjoy a state of the art stereo without getting a buzz on?   I really wish I'd made a video of it.    

      On a more positive note, I did get photos of the local middle school PE class in bicycle training.

It's something started a few years ago when Specialized donated bikes for the purpose. 

I hope it's going on elsewhere,  we need a new generation who actually knows how to operate bikes and enjoy them safely,  despite irresponsibly distracted stoners.

No comments:

Post a Comment