This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Beating the heat

Saturday I was able to have dinner with a college buddy and his wife. Friendships are precious, but this was special.  We didn't seven catch up, it was more like we'd never been apart.
Sunday was the first and most challenging day of the ride to Saint Louis. I left around 6am to avoid the heat. Climbing from the KC river valley is challenging and was slow going to get past Lees Summit.  Even then, I was almost on schedule outside of Warrensburg when I was forced to make several hours of unscheduled rest stops when a band of thundershowers came through.
I still managed to finish the tough day going over what looked to be a field of broken glass.  Fortunately it was just a gorgeous supply ubiquitous obsidisan in the road aggregate.

No comments:

Post a Comment