This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A new look

It seems that TV has done something special.  Fox aired  Premium Rush, the saga of messenger bike superhero Wiley, Sunday night.  I liked it better than I did in the theater.  Either cutting it down to fit the requisite 10 commercial breaks removed enough banal redundancy or the commercial breaks themselves made the film more interesting.  Either way, it was not tedious to watch this time around.  I kinda like it now.
The hot sweaty chick on the bike was still the best part.
Now considering the plight of the urban cyclist and the American struggle for recognition among the cagers.  There is the new traffic control system in Copenhagen.

 I had heard of this, but I guess it has become a reality.  The city has re-calibrated it's traffic signals to accomodate a cyclist moving at 20 KM per hour (13mph).  During peak commuter hours into the city, a cyclist maintaining that speed will not hit a red light.   They reverse the sequence in the evening when commuter traffic is flowing out and it keeps a huge volume of cyclists moving in and out of the city. Obviously it will impede  autos but they have become the minority.  I'd like to see that and the elimination of parking in our downtown area.  The unused spaces can be designated as bike lanes to encourage more biking.  That would make biking a better plan all the way around.

1 comment:

  1. I like Premium Rush too. That chick you mention is Dania Ramirez.

    ReplyDelete