This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Urban 8

I have been kind of convalescing since my return from Minneapolis.  I threw my chain and hyper extended my knee with all my weight on it.  Damn that hurts, and it just doesn't like anything after that for a while.  After the drive home, it was so stiff I thought of calling for help just to get out of the car.  In the meantime, I have been riding for work or errands, just because.
I did run across this nifty little tool from Topeak.  It's called the  Urban 8 and has 8 tools, like 2 tire irons, two spoke wrenches, two allen heads,  a big hex wrench with a nice long handle for axle bolts and,of course, a bottle opener to help solidify our religious relationship with the brew pub industry.

 All this bolts right to the water bottle bosses 
with a couple of substantial thumbscrews and only costs about $10. 

 It's really neat, a city bike toolkit in a handle. 
 I bought one for Byron and one for my son's Jamis Commuter.  A day after I gave it to him, he had a flat and found that the hex head wrench does not fit through all the over sized tubing and flairs in the rear dropouts, so it was useless for that. Oh well, maybe I am not a good parent after all. 
 It works fine on Byron's Soma Buena Vista frame.   Beware parents bearing gifts, 

No comments:

Post a Comment