This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Friday, February 10, 2012

I underestimated the insanity!


I made a mistake on my last post. I assumed America had become the land of sedentary hero worshippers. Europe has us beaten hands down. Some wackadoodle professor in Spain is conducting a hunger strike to protest the sanctions against Alberto Contador. The nutbag claims that watching Contador ride his bike is the only effective therapy to combat his chronic depression. Coming from the continent that provides spectator deaths and maulings at Soccer matches,I shouldn't be surprised. He reminds me of my Shakespeare professor who was an avid wrestling fan. I'm not even talking about WWF, she was back in the days of smoke filled basements and late night local TV. It's more proof that being brilliant does not make one smart.
I wonder if this guy in Spain knows they make pills for that? Maybe he could go (gasp!) outside and ride a bike himself. No, the graphics would probably overwhelm him, and he might get all dirty.
I'm sure Nintendo can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment