This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

On the way north again

Fortunately I have concluded the family business bogging me down the past couple of weeks and will be headed to the land of studded bike tires.  During my stay in Illinois we have seen some rather thrilling things, golf in January and...there was something else, oh yeah another biker.
   The weather has taken a turn for the worse or normal depending how you look at it
and my 25mm slicks will no longer be practical.
I have witnessed a revelation in my home town.  Last spring I complained about the lack of advocacy here in town and it has emerged.
In the form of a formal advocacy group 
which immediately gained some statewide support
as well as an unexpectedly large local turnout for the first meeting.

I didn't get to go to the meeting but considering the bike state of affairs in the hometown,
I can't be more pleased.
I'm just glad I was here to witness the whole thing.
Now back to a pile of growing winter projects at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment