This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Monday, June 6, 2011

A bike day!

It was that day we will remember in Michigan when the snow is flying during February.  I woke up before 7 to 65 degree temps, clear skies and no humidity. I got on the Hunq and set out for about 50 miles before noon.  I was not the only one, there was evidence all through town of cycling activity.  Not only groups of spandex hamsters with big ole grins but
the fixie crowd seems to have gotten up early
townies at the coffee shops and plenty of people out enjoying the MUPs.
I took a long ride out on one of the trails west of town, swung back on the asphalt to the North of town and came back through the valley at the new trail through the nature center which provides a beautiful
rollar coaster ride through the woods into the river valley, 7 or 8 miles to the downtown area again.
On the way to brunch at a little club near the local college campus, I ran across theses guys checking their directions.
Shawn and Luke were groping through Google Maps on their phone and having many  of the same problems I had on a trip last month.  I rode along with them for a few miles and helped them get on their way to Ann Arbor with a better route.  They are planning to ride their fully loaded LHT's 9000 miles before quitting this year.  They started in Minneapolis, so they have a trip ahead, good luck guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment