This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Thursday, November 16, 2023

Ahh, the good life!

Here we are in Michigan in November,
 famous for having all four seasons in a week, or day. 
This week, last year, we were struggling with a snowstorm, 
this year it's in the 30's at night and nearly 60 during the day.
So we just pedal onward enjoying the extended fall for a few weeks and ignore the winter beater bike hanging in the rafters.  Even we are naive to ignore that winter can happen at any moment.  I tell my friends from southern climes, "We just put the golf clubs away, get out the skis, put studs on the bike and play on."
     I, on the other hand, am already preparing for spring.  I've started another bike project based on a frame found by none other than the High Priestess of the Riv Rider Granfalloon,  Leah Peterson.  She discovered it lurking in the background of a picture by another Riv Rider, she asked about it. He said he might sell it.

It was simple,  she showed me a picture, I wanted it and bought it.
  I like simple.
Now I gotta build it, I'm getting all the stuff, but, if I order a wheelset now, it will be delivered in the midst of a January blizzard, so I'll take my time.  
A dream of the good life will be staring back at me daily until we see the spring. 




No comments:

Post a Comment