This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Red bikes are faster...so add some RED!


    For the SOMA lovers out there I thought I should share my experience with a pair of their fenders. After two years of enjoying my Buena Vista, I found myself using it more and more.  The best thing I could do to improve it was add fenders and SOMA still had "Rain Dogs" in that color.
They are (almost) exactly like SKS fenders right down to the hardware
and fender stays. Except that the Soma brand has a simpler cap for the stay.
The front stays lack safety releases the SKS have.  But the stays are so much alike they fit right into a pair of unused unused tabs from the parts bin.
Everything else was easy as can be.  The extra bridge on the seat stays of the mixte frame has a boss built in to the underside so drilling a single hole 
allowed  flush mounting with a bolt and washer.
 I happened to have a "Sheldon's Fender Nut" in the bin 
which makes mounting the front a breeze.
The end result is a near perfect fit without fumbling, 
awkward stay adjustments
.  These are the 45mm fenders with 32 mm Panaracer  T-serv tires
 and fit perfectly as I could hope.
Now the bikes redder, I know I'll go faster!






No comments:

Post a Comment