This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Decisions we make

     Anytime I talk to cyclists about the benefits and convenience of practical cycling they argue that they need their cars for shopping.  A few days ago I was coming back into town in my car and decided to stop at Barnes and Noble for one thing.  I pulled into the lot at the Southland Mall
and circled this little slice of autogeddon twice to find a reasonable parking spot for the visit.  I realized how stupid the exercise was and went home.
     A couple of days later I was enjoying the unseasonably warm January by taking a bike ride on the trails.  I decided to cut through the Mall area to get the book.
I locked the bike to a nearby, sign picked up the book and went on my way in less time than it took to circle the lot to find a parking spot.  Sure it was only one item, but I could have done the same with a couple full bags of stuff and not suffer the indignity of wandering the lot another 10 minutes to find my car.




1 comment: