This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Sunday, September 18, 2022

S240 is good for the soul

It was a perfect summer weekend here in Michigan and I got out of the house.  Being smack dab in the midst of one of the best tourist destinations of the Midwest it's easy to create outside time.  
Spending the afternoon sauntering through the countryside on the Kal-Haven trail leads to a quietly dramatic view of the evening.  
A ramble through the woods is good for the soul.  The quiet shade and windbreak complimented the 75 degree temps for .  Places like Kal-Haven trail and Yankee Springs are giant terrariums between cities.  If only we could learn to integrate them into the cities, rather than between, we would have something. 
I think the author of this sign must have been warning us of the pollen count.  I couldn'd even find a driveway or intersection nearby.  Perhaps the DNR thought there were dangerous plants nearby.  
At the end of the day I found the normally vacant campsiteon the trail to have some unusual company to enjoy.  An Amish family were having a get together to explore the angling opportunities along the two forks of the Black River.  They were quiet and friendly company for a bit but I crashed early and slept late before another casual 50 mile ride home.  I was gone less than 24 hours and the cats barely missed me.






No comments:

Post a Comment