This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Thursday, September 29, 2022

Rainy days are good...

are good for going places.  They are especially useful if you wear a rain cape riding a bike with fenders, or a Brompton with fenders for those who are confused over the sight.
I always get a kick out of going to my sometime job as a pretend teacher, in the rain.  The real professionals just stare in confusion as a guy twice their age rolls into the building with his bike and a smile.  My smugness level mushrooms to heights they can only envy.
After pretending to work, I grabbed the shopping bag for the Brommie and made a trip to the store where it doubled as a shopping cart for a $100 bucks worth of stuff.  A moment at the self-checkout (didn't even have to rebag it) and 
I was out the door to toodle on home. 
 Dry, comfortable and ready for another rainy adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment