This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Sunday, April 25, 2021

Close to home can be beautiful.

       It seems that Spring is arriving as late as winter did.  Now that it has finally stopped snowing (at least for the day) I took a little 20 mile ramble through town to just enjoy the milder weather.  Trees are blooming around town
and it reminds me of the trip I took on the GAP/CO trail a few years ago.  It was early April, I had always wanted to get to Washington on the day the famous Cherry blossoms were full.  I hit it that day, but was totally underwhelmed and couldn't figure out why.  It was a few weeks  before I realized that home is surrounded by flowering trees every year.  So it's not surprising I wasn't WOWED by the sight in the capitol.  
      What's even more impressive is the fact that I could pedal along enjoying the sunshine and mild temps without being on the street.  I made a 20 mile loop through the city with 18 of the twenty on cycling infrastructure.
In the process, I got to see the newest addition.  Last year's improvement is finished and Cork St has been dieted and repaved pristine perfection.  There is only about a mile and half link left to complete another East to West bicycle thoroughfare through the city.  Things just keep getting better.

 

1 comment:

  1. Nice. I pretty much spent the last year cycling close to home.

    ReplyDelete