This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Are we there yet?

      Ok,  I know it's not really spring  yet.  I live very near the 45th parallel which  means practically nothing except that our four seasons fall right on the lunar calendar.  No matter what that rodent in Pennsylvania says about winter, ours will last until March 23rd.  Plan on it.

        This year has been beyond crazy, even by Michigan standards.  We are getting 2-3 feet of snow in multiple day onslaughts alternated with a week of 40-50 degree sunshine to melt it all down.  What are we supposed to do with this?  When I plan to go skiing it's too warm,    I take the studded tires off, another storm hits.  It's enough to make the President believe in climate change (I seriously doubt it, but I thought I 'd throw that in).  So we have been riding through waist high drifts on icy streets one day 
and flooded trails a few days later.
While we are out on the streets hoping not to freeze to death one day or drown the next, Lexus is offering Michigan cyclists an alternative.
       Their new velodrome takes indoor training to the next level and is developing praise all around as a magnificent facility.   Is this really an attempt to promote the sport of cycling or an elaborate indoor trainer?  They sponsored a beautiful new track, a cage to keep the spandex hamsters off the street and out of their way. I smell conspiracy.


No comments:

Post a Comment