This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Monday, May 9, 2016

OOPS! Where do they belong?

              I have been so busy pedaling my ass across the countryside that I haven't been able to comment on the weird and fun stuff I find out there.  I'm thinking of getting more technological with some Recon Jet glasses but, no harder than I try, the statistics will be too boring to compile.  I'll wait until they come with a voice activated word processing program to allow my inner child a sense of self expression.  I'd be able to blog away all along the road.
On the other hand, technology marches on and there is a new effective way to improve your workouts. Simple, you want a better workout, get a heavier bike.
Yes the ice tires might actually see limited use, but the local governments are trying to make our streets more complete.  I went to a recent meeting at the city hall to unveil a new plan to quiet traffic and put a very busy street on a diet.  I got there a bit late and I understand the screaming and yelling had subsided, so what I heard was just intolerable bitching but not downright embarrassing.
The city's plan is sound and will improve traffic situations in a residential area, but the gas addicts were on a real tear, yelling, screaming and talking over each other.  They were overwhelmingly uncooperative and bordered on violent, but finally were forced to allow a few positive voices to be heard.  Hopefully the city will prevail, everybody seems to appreciate the diets after they are built.  I have yet to hear of one being undone.
In  a more critical area, I have been wrenching away all winter and one of the things that doesn't get done in cold weather is cleaning the little parts tray I have on my work table.  All winter it accumulates parts because I just don't take time to empty it in the cold.  Well, it's warm enough that I took time  to sort out all the parts, screws and nuts and put them in cabinet bins.
When it was done, I found myself staring at 4 ball bearings of 3 different sizes.
So I have that to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment