This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Finally springtime!

This past week has been frustrating.  After the constant rain we suffered  putting a damper on most of the bike week activities, I was lowering one of my bikes from the rafters, turned the wrong way and strained a muscle in my back.  It wasn't the usual pinched nerve kind of pain, it was a muscle right behind the rib cage.  It's been really painful to walk, sit, stand, turn and breath.  Yeah, I couldn't even take a full breath without pain.  About the only productive thing I could do is lie on a hot compress and try to sleep.
But while I laid in pain, the world kept spinning and other people kept doing stuff.
I managed to get out to the Bike Camp this week and help with a ride after our Vice Pres
and President gave presentations to the newbie's about mechanical priorities.
Then we broke into groups and took a little ride to give the campers some instruction on the road.  
The wet weather of last week has broken into glorious spring sunshine.
 I took the scenic route home to enjoy some of the new growth which included  
some magnificent plantings and topiary in the park at the center of town.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you were able to get back out on the bike, and I hope your complete recovery comes swiftly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm getting out today to try a longer ride, the weather is beautiful again.

    ReplyDelete