This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Getting a bit antsy

This winter did a couple of things.  It made my bikes look like crap.  I took the Hunq apart the other day to clean it.  I have never seen a bottom bracket so thoroughly filthy in all my years.  It was covered with a nasty sand/salt/chemical coating.
 I threw the chain away immediately and replaced the cassette (it was wobbly and beat up).  The crank and derailers were encrusted with corrosive stuff.
 But, after a warm rinse of citric acid and a nice sponge bath he was feeling pretty good again.
Now I am anxious, I have a few nice days ahead and want to get out on the road. 
I am searching for a different route to the lake shore and my first look at newly designated USBR35.
I'll be sending some short posts from my phone during the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment