This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Monday, March 31, 2014

Getting brave

I  was committed to making a big move yesterday.  Removing the studded tires.  Yes, I am that confidant that we will survive this nuclear winter. It's still only March, so I am being a bit risky, but I think it's the thing to do.  I will feel more confidant and lot happier without the buzz of carbide beneath me.  It will be fun to feel like I am on a bike again!
So after purging mine and my son's bikes of their winter boots, I went out for a 23 mile swing through town using the trail system.  Yes, no studs, no jacket (sigh!) but,  they were baaack!  The multi-tasking,
 baby strolling-dog walking-ipod listening-grandma texting- morons who don't know their right from left 
if they were listening bunch.  The temps broke 50 and they all showed up for the party. 
I'm back on the streets again, but I am happy about it.
In the world of news, there is this  interesting story about Houston enforcing the "3 foot rule."  Cops actually helping cyclists, the world is becoming a truly groovy place.
Of course a meeting at the Hague has prompted this to be circulating.
The implications are not exactly fair.  We do have legitimate security concerns for our president.
 On the other pedal, one can't help but wonder, "what is the Dutch Prime Minister doing right
 that he can safely travel the streets alone?"

No comments:

Post a Comment