This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Reprieve

Winter has taken a day or two off.  It has been quite a weekend.  Temperatures soared into the 40's here on Saturday.  They dropped a bit, into the 30's, on Sunday and promise to dive down into single digits again in the next few days.  But, for this weekend it was a great opportunity to pretend we have human weather in Michigan.  
Here is a rare public glimpse of the Bike Cave.   I keep the priorities in order during the winter by parking the car all the way in the back so it's  easy to ride the bikes in and out.
People were out enjoying the balmy heat and walking in t-shirts
I was able to get the Hillborne out and enjoy some normal tires for a bit.
The sunshine of Saturday gave way to overcast skies on Sunday.  The temps were dropping by mid afternoon and a freezing drizzle drove me into the Bike Cave where I enjoyed a little wrenching without the miserable cold torturing my fingers.  So I got to get a couple mid-winter rides in on regular tires, everything I need has been tuned, tightened and lubed.
  It was quite a treat.
We are supposed to get 3-6 inches of snow when the temps start dropping tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment