This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

I just ain't hip.

I know I'm not cool enough for tall bikes, and I am certainly not cool enough for this.
Bicycle jousting just might be beyond my level of hip,
but I do like the statue this guy made for the winner.  I think the sport is challenging enough without trying to knock other people to the ground.  We can depend on cars for that.  Although sparring with cars does come to mind.  I've had these two bosses on top of the fork for the Hunq and the only way 
I can think to use them  is a paintball gun.
I'd love to leave a big fluorescent splat all over the side of a Bimmer when they cut me off at an intersection.
I am really so boring, I just enjoyed riding around on a beautiful fall day.
The air is so cool and crisp without the summer's humidity.  The light is magnified by the colorful foliage and I can just enjoy riding for miles listening to leaves crackle beneath me and not having to sweat all day long. 
I just stare, hoping that time doesn't start up and make a day like this go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment