This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

"Time keeps on slippin, slippin into the..." abyss.

Technology makes life easier.   I have a gadget to clean my shower, a robot to sweep my floors and am waiting patiently for a robotic duster (I envision a toy monkey with a Swiffer for a tail).  Honestly, spraying the cats with Endust never gets the desired result.

Should've bought a dog.

Freds of the world may now be totally enveloped by the elimination of distractions with the Recon Jet.
Yes, for only $499 during this limited time offer, you can have:

You can have your statistical data float across your eyes, a series of digital mirages saying;
 you really aren't as good as George Hincape;
                    no matter how much expensive crap you buy.
I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the sensors built into the temple contacts of the glasses will allow thought control of the wireless shifters and brakes.  Yes, it will all be less distracting and alleviate you of the need for hands, and perhaps pedals and legs as well.
I see utilitarian applications, like monitoring and compiling your shopping list on the way to the grocery store, reviewing and editing various production reports on your way to the office (during rush hour, in the rain).
Call me old school but I have always enjoyed cycling for the meditative escapism it provides.

It's just me, the road, the machine, the environment and a chance to focus on an activity in a world without the information overload with which we are bombarded.   
But hey, I am the guy who hasn't accepted index shifting as viable tech.
Now if they hook my head to wireless friction shifting...I'm all in!

No comments:

Post a Comment