This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

February makes us shiver

It's February, we are enjoying another lake effect snow storm, which gives me hope for Super Bowl Sunday.    I like to go skiing during the Super Bowl.  I get to have a good time and the slopes to share with everybody's frustrated girlfriends (you can learn a lot about people on a ski lift).
But here in Michigan the streets are getting lonely.  
Nobody like this is using their bikes,

not even like this.  
I think Michael Coleville-Anderson from Copenhagen Chic has the best job.
Just pedal around taking photo's of beautiful Scandinavian women where half the population rides bikes (sigh!)

I just long to find this girl and give her a grammar lesson.
But here I get the company
of sidewalk salmon, muttering to themselves on their way to and from the liquor store.
On a more positive note, our local club held it's annual "Recovery Party" last week.
We all huddled around a keg of microbrew and watched the slideshow of last year's adventures.
It was warm inside and we had a wonderful potluck, comeraderie and 5 LBS from the area donated 
some stuff to be given away for door prizes.  
It was a friendly several hours together and even though the group is predominately racers,
pretend racers and fastish club riders;  I didn't hear one mention or discussion of 
Lance Armstrong anywhere.   
That was a good night.






No comments:

Post a Comment