This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Monday, December 17, 2012

I've busted everything now

It was a simple morning, riding down one of the bike paths when my saddle fell off.  One of the bolts on my seatpost broke and left the saddle and hardware scattered across the asphalt.  
After collecting all the pieces,
I discovered that the end of a seatpost 
is really not as comfortable as a Brooks,
and anchoring the seat with one bolt and some duct tape leaves it flopping around,
and the five miles home were pretty exhausting even though I tried not to sit on it anymore than necessary.  Not having a solid anchor for your butt creates a whole lot of 
unusual wrangling around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment