This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Finally got out of the house.

I finally felt well enough to get out of the house.  During the past week, I have ridden as much as a mile at a time.  Usually I would go to the store for some more nasal spray or something.  I discovered two things,
I really would rather ride than drive and daytime TV sucks more than I remembered.
But Saturday was a beautiful day, I had about 50% of my breathing back and went out for the club's anniversary ride.

We started from the local trailhead and ignored the trail, selected one of two rides, either a 22 mile
or a 37 mile loop.  Riding the more conservative 22 mile loop made sense to me and it was a good experience to be back on my road bike again.  The faster tires and responsive handling were a pleasure to feel under me.  The old TREK had been neglected since I got my Hillborne and the faster tires and bigger gears made it feel like a roller coaster again.

 It was a perfect temp for a quick ride, there were no negative incidents and we returned to share 
a potluck buffet complete with pizza and local brew.
It was a good morning and I found I could still do this despite being practically bedridden for 
a week.


No comments:

Post a Comment