This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A quick note before I go!

     The other day I approached an intersection with a stop sign.  A woman in an SUV was at the stop sign with a baby in the backseat, signalling for a left turn.  There was a lot of cross traffic, I  pulled up beside her on the right and reached down for my water bottle.  She looked over at me, screamed "NO YOU DON'T, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!"  and lurched her car a full car length ahead, forcing it into the intersection.  Cars were swerving to avoid her and I heard her continue to scream something about being sick of bicycles.
       I waited until traffic cleared and let her get a couple of blocks down the street before I even thought of moving.   I guess that's what people mean when they say "Be careful out there."
       I'm off to the lake for a couple days,  see ya!

1 comment: