This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Michael Smith of ESPN

Here's a disturbing bit of news:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/post/tour-de-france-car-crashing-into-cyclists-draws-laughs-from-espns-michael-smith/2011/07/12/gIQAM3pxAI_blog.html

And the email I sent in response to ESPN:

"Michael Smith should be terminated for the remarks he made about Tour de France crashes.  I have been an avid cyclist for 40 years, been hit by cars twice and can assure you there is nothing funny about being struck by a ton of steel.  Mr. Smith's "apologies" are insulting, insincere and phony.  I have been managing personnel in several corporations for several decades and a man like him would never represent me to the public.  His remarks reflect an irresponsible, calloused immaturity which has  no place as the face of a company.  If contractual obligations limited my options, he would spend the rest of his career cleaning urinals and scraping gum from the parking lot.  I will never patronize any production from you or any of your affiliates as long as you employ him.  There are too many options available to waste my time and money supporting somebody like him."

No comments:

Post a Comment