This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I had an interesting incident on the MUP

This past weekend I was riding one of my favorite Sunday morning trips which I mentioned last week.  It was a beautiful day, the weather couldn't have been better.  I was barely working up a sweat on the trip at 16-18 mph.
There was the usual smattering of bikes, cell phone talkers

and Ipod listeners, oblivious to  those around.  A few more advanced users were multitasking
dogwalking, baby strolling, cell phone talking while enjoying nature and each other on their Ipods.  But what caught me as strange, with precious few cyclists around, a woman with dog yelled at and berated me for there being too many bikes on the trails!
Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment