This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

...And now for something completely different.

During the past 4 days when I was in the woods up north, I received an e-mail which completely surprised me.  Apparently, the local road commission is soliciting complaints about the bike lanes and paths in the city of Portage.  While the town has impressed me by installing bike lanes and appropriate signage wherever it fits on the road, I hardly expected this type of aggressive support.  
They are asking the local cycling club to inform them of any maintenance issues that need to be addressed and any repairs that need to be made so they can utilize their funds more efficiently.
Kudos to Portage Michigan for being truly bicycle friendly.  After forty years of cycling and living in 8 different cities in 6 different states, this is the first I have heard of such cooperation.  Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment