This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Rivendell Tool Rollup

Here is something I have been trying to get for years!



 The only true tool rollup bag I have seen up until now is the one offered by Acorn Bags.  The problem with the Acorn Bag line is that they are really, really good products made by a classic mom&pop operation.  They make just what they feel they have time to make each month and that is that.  It leaves us all to hang around their website trying to grab them as they become available for a few hours each month. Since I don't have that kind of patience, I gave up a long time ago.  I clicked on the Rivendell website for some other reason I quickly forgot, and saw just what I have wanted for years

Their new tool roll up has a series of five pockets protected by a flap which folds over their top.  The bag is made of their sturdy waxed cotton canvas and comes in tan, olive and grid grey.  I wanted the tan but it was sold out and being tired of waiting for years I took one of the olive.  Now that is sold out also.
The bag is a really neat product

into which all this loose stuff I used to roll up in a leather looking piece of vinyl
can now be organized in pockets so it doesn't fall out all over the place.  I keep a multitool, a tiny crescent wrench, tire wrenches, a spare tube, an inflator and two co2 cartridges along with some emergency patches.
All that gets sorted in dedicated pockets with one left over for good measure.
  It rolls up neatly to fit in a saddlebag or pannier,

attaches to the saddle with a couple of toe straps,
or can be stuffed into a spare bottle cage out of the way.
They typically include some Scotchlite trim on their bags and, as you can see, these are no different.  That is a healthy 2" strip which will sparkle in any headlight from quite a distance.
I am just tickled pink that somebody is making this, it's construction is excellent, the stitching is perfect and I hope my grandchildren like it 'cause one of them will probably end up with it.
At $30, it's a bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment