This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Signs of an impending spring

     Spring is coming and I saw sure signs of it on this beautiful, but brisk March day.

The boys of summer were out and about for the early season.  No more indoor training, it was time for the real thing.  Although there were a lot of cyclists tooling about, most were too fast for my camera, but not this afternoon commuter
who was good enough to park his very well equipped hybrid where I framed the bike route sign in the reflection on the sunny afternoon.
The girl at the coffee shop asked about the ride, the time is near, a few degrees warmer and the cycles can take over and challenge for the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment