This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Beautiful start to March

     It was a gorgeous but chilly beginning to March.  I had a couple of errands to do and decided to take the scenic route downtown to get a few more miles on the Hunq since I had the time.  I was a little surprised not to find more people outdoors enjoying the sunshine.  I was impressed to see Kzoo's finest out and about on two wheels.

He was riding the sidewalk, the wrong way on a one way street.  Although not exactly a model of safety, it's good to know the city has it's heart in the right place and I somehow feel empowered when I see the cops out  rolling the dice as a sidewalk salmon.
     I stopped at a favorite brewpub for a beer before going home and was happy to see somebody else out using the bikestand.


It's a beginning, other cyclists are around and the snow is melting off the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment