This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

New Blog, minimal criminal intent

Blogging by it's nature and definition is a work in progress and this one will be no different.  I am started this because I see a lot people blogging about many different aspects of the sport, but none with nearly 4 decades of day to day experience.  I know that dates me and my age will be easily guessed but that won't keep from lying about it anyway.   I  have been cycling for over 38 years as an adult and very rarely have time to ride.  I started because I had an evening office job as a college student and, having been a good athlete all my life, I couldn’t stand to sit around all day.  It wasn’t a matter of money, I just didn’t like to sit around.   So every day the weather permitted I would choose my bike rather than my car.    As the years have passed, I continued cycling despite the demands of a business career and family.  I have very little time to ride for pleasure and most of the 5-6 thousand miles I ride each year are recorded on local errands or commuting.  Now that I am, uhh, how do I say it...more mature(yeah, that's it),  I have more time and means to pursue this insane passion I have for the sport.  My intent is to share my observations of all aspects of the sport's effect on daily life and hopefully entertain and encourage others to ride more.  Comments and disagreements are welcome, but two things I will not discuss are helmets and statistics-- those are just not productive areas.  Although I don't expect to make any money from this, I have learned from 15 years as a single parent to take it where it's available so sponsors are welcome(no high minded pretense from the beginning).

No comments:

Post a Comment