This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Thursday, December 16, 2021

seasonal or unseasonably?

not unseasonably warm.  The lakes this year are not frozen at all and we've had some snow but not enough to stick around.  Certainly not enough to start skiing

                   . 

With this picture, Google reminded me that this week last year was also warm.  Perhaps it is seasonal, 

Like last year, I'm reminding myself that Winter is still a week away. 
Clothing choices become interesting,  this morning I sweated in 60 degree temps and carried an extra layer in my bag since 30's are predicted for the afternoon.   It's what makes the utilitarian nature of the sport interesting.   
I did notice that our Parks Department is
 preparing for a bike share program next year.
I haven't seen any stations around the shopping areas in town so it might be intended only for use on the trail system.  At any rate, it's another step that helped elevate Portage,  MI. to the Silver level in the national Bike Friendly ratings and another great way to get people onto two wheels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment