This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Sunday, May 23, 2021

Honeysuckle blooming as thick as fog


      The weather is getting downright warm now, Covid restrictions are lifting, schools are kind of in session and I am back to actual commuting.  Living in the midst of history is no fun.  This pandemic thing has been frustrating for a lot of reasons, but I have missed my daily commute more than anything.  A few well chosen rides for fun during a week is just not what I am used to.   I miss purposeful riding on a daily basis.  More than that, I miss the daily exuberance of 15 to 20 miles of endorphens raging around in my ag..., no, maturing body (that's it, maturing!).  

People who live sedentary lifestyles must be stumbling around aimlessly in constant states of depression.  At least, that's the way I see it from my highly biased saddle perch.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment