This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Monday, February 13, 2023

Take the pleasure you can.

      

     So, a week ago I was out there enjoying a good reason to live in Michigan.  

Enjoying the local ski slopes and looking forward to another 6 weeks of snowy hills and trails to create a little  recreation. 
Google reminded me where we were 5 years ago. 
Here we are today.
     Once again the snow has gone away amidst a week of temps in the 40's promising to be near 60...in mid February?!?  This reminds me of 30 years ago when I was transferred from South Carolina and my employees were freaking out.  "My god Marc, they have snow up there don't they?"  I said, "Yes, but I grew up in the Midwest, snow is no big deal, and you have to take global warming into consideration.  I'll be retiring in a tropical paradise while you roast in Hell's Kitchen."   I thought I was kidding.  I guess we have to grab the pleasure we can and enjoy a 25 mile ride when the streets clear off.


No comments:

Post a Comment