This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Thursday, February 3, 2022

This should be interesting.

The great snowstorm of the year has been falling at the rate of about an inch an hour. It's falling too fast for the snow removal services to be useful for the next few hours. Walking across the parking lot was difficult enough, I wasn't about to try to drive out of this mess.


Of course, I had no place to go, but, I had to just to say I did. I felt pretty foolish with about 8 inches of fluffy loose stuff on the ground. It was a challenge just to leave the parking lot on the Giant 29er with 50mm Marathon Winter tires. This is definitely what fat bikes are for. What the hell, I had nothing to do so my intention was to ride a few blocks have a sandwich at Buddy's and ride back, just for the braggin' rights. I must say it was a struggle to stay upright, there's just not enough tread on those tires for this much snow. The main streets were better than parking lots but who needs to be around cars? I felt better when I got through the few blocks to the restaurant and found it closed. Was the ordeal a waste of time? Hell no, I leveled up on the smugness scale realizing that those pansies couldn't get to work in their cars while I got there on my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment