This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Sunday, August 9, 2020

Go,Go Gadget Bike!

I've been riding this squirrely looking bike around town
for over a month now and it is really a blast.

It's easy to park anywhere.
When it's 3/4 folded
it works as a grocery cart.
Folded all the way down, it can go into the office, school, restaurant or store with me.  It goes back together in about 30 seconds and the ride is remarkably smooth and comfortable.   I can't imagine riding it longer than 10 mile trips, but I have run across at least one person making a fully loaded tour on one.   Of course people have to stare at it, but the comments people make are positive.  One guy at the grocery said "That may be the coolest thing I have ever seen."   I said, "Yes, it just might be the coolest thing I have owned."
      It may look like a clown bike but it rides and responds like a big boy.  The fact that it will actually fit in a piece of airline qualified luggage gives me some interesting ideas for the "after days" when airlines are safe again.

1 comment: