This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Saturday, May 2, 2020

Springtime, it's going to get here.

      Again, It would be perfectly reasonable to expect my home to be immaculate during this lock down.  Yep, One could reasonably expect that to happen.
      The weather has begun to come round to springtime, a lot of things don't get done, but I rebuilt the Hunq to get ready to travel.  The biggest improvement made is a new BM Luxus headlamp.  That's one big assed light,
but the best part is the USB connection to keep a phone charged on the road.
This year will be nothing but short local trips.  With the pandemic going on, limited testing and no treatment or vaccine, it will be a long time before I consider a common carrier for transport.  Even a rental car would seem a bit risky so dreams of a linear trip somewhere are over and Michigan trips will be the norm for this year.  Probably a few spoke and hub trips.
      In the meantime, the world is pretty desolate.  I stopped for a burger at a drive through and found nowhere near to eat but this parking lot.  Makes me consider what luxury we live in since all the people not using this space are considered non essential services.

No comments:

Post a Comment