This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Instant Bike


Over the past several months, I helped put together a gathering of  internet friends to meet in Franklin Tn
for the Harpeth River Ride.  There will be about 10 or 11 of us meeting from different areas of the east, south and midwest.  It just so happens that I am taking delivery of my new Sam Hillborne frame on the morning of my departure.  I can't not ride the bike, that would drive me crazy.  So the question is,
how quickly can I change this pile of parts into a bike for the event?
It's going to be a 10 hour drive and I am determined to take delivery of the frame and have the bike assembled and on the back of the car before I leave.  So I got the frame,the clock is ticking, I need to be on the road...
2 hours and 7 minutes later.  Ta Da.   My new Sam Hillborne with the first Bosco Bars ever sold.
I'm on my way, more coming over the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Cool on the new Sam. 2 hours and change is in impressive build time. I've been riding my Boscos for a couple days now... and am loving them. Happy riding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might have been faster,but I got excited and put the wrong BB in so I had to reinstall that.

    Marc

    ReplyDelete