This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

one small pedal for man....

On the way home from my trip to Illinois I made a detour to downtown Chicago (The Loop, for those in the know). I wanted to stop at a favorite shop down there since I was in the area. Since I had a bike with me, I parked right near Buchingham fountain on Lake Shore Drive. I was all set to mix with the hipsters on my vintage TREK, and saw this:
my first experience with American bike sharing.  Being near Buchingham Fountain you can be certain that they are targeting the tourist market.  I imagine similar kiosks on the Museum Plaza, Navy Pier and in Oldtown.   It's a start right?  At $10 for the first hour and $5 for the following hours,

 they may not even be competitive with the cabbies, but I walked away feeling the world was listening....for once!

No comments:

Post a Comment