This is a shameless attempt to save the the most advanced civilization in
history from imminent self destruction by eliminating carbon emission,
dependence on foreign sources of fuel,obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Cycling accomplishes all those things at once and helps us develop a better
understanding of ourselves, each other and our relationship to the cosmos.

Oh, horse puckey!
I like to ride bikes, have been doing it all my life.
The rest of that crap is just a fringe benefit,
and the blogosphere gives me a chance to share my interior
monologue with virtual rather than imaginary friends.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Random nice things most people miss

   I've been very busy with some family business the past few days and found myself this morning with a camera full of photos taken, and a headfull of disorganized mischief to unload.
   The other day, while riding across town I took a few random shots of things "real people" miss while driving their cars.  You know the little things that cagers going 35-40 miles an hour don't see because they are busy driving fast, honking at me, drinking coffee and brushing Cheeto crums off their suits.
One was this mid sixties example of a French bike chained to a post,
although not a high end bike, I think it interesting the way the lugwork was "embellished."
I have seen this before on a mid-sixties Puch.  It must have been a popular way to trim the lugs
on entry level equipment back then.
This group I imagine to be a family out for lunch who tied up their steeds 
together outside a local bistro.
Looks like daddy, mommy and baby bear's vintage stable all together.
Then there was this interesting sight.
Tucked away at the edge of the gutter out of view from cars and pedestrians.
Was it discarded by the owner in a fit of carnal passion on the street the night before,
or thrown in a drunken angry fit during a lover's squall?
I realized after a moment the obvious reason a perfectly good shoe would be in the gutter.
Another fanatical shoe bomber targeting an innocent midwestern town!
I pedaled away furiously, escaping the shoe but not
my paranoid fantasy until it didn't appear on the news that night
and I was relieved that I didn't notify the bomb squad for it's removal.

No comments:

Post a Comment